Help spread the word and raise support for our needy veterans
Tell your friends about the VFC and how we are helping formerly homeless veterans return to society, and invite them to join in the effort. It's fun, it's easy, and we do most of the work. It is called peer-to-peer campaigning, and it is the way charity should work, at the grass roots, people helping people.
Here's how it works:
Here's how it works:
- Pick an event or a reason around which we will build your campaign. Examples: "For my birthday this year I am asking all of my friends to help me in supporting transitioning formerly homeless veterans back into society by supporting the Veterans Furniture Center." Or, "I am working to help formerly homeless veterans by making a donation to the Veterans Furniture Center. I invite all of you to join me. My goal is ... "
- Choose a campaign approach, usually either Support a Veteran (Example: "My goal is to raise a total of $900 so the VFC can supply a transitioning veteran with everything they need to make their new apartment a home and successfully return to society") or, Needy Things for Needy Veterans (Example: "I am asking all of you to go to my special web page and contribute to my campaign to supply 25 veterans with sheets, pillowcases, and towels they need for their new home")
- Choose a length of time for your campaign, usually 30 days of less.
- We will work with you to help you choose your approach, craft your message, and provide you with a special web page, that you can edit if you wish, where your donors can read your story and make a donation.
- We will collect and record the contributions, which your donors will make via by credit card or paypal using a nationally recognized secured network.
- We will issue thank you letters and tax receipts to all of your donors.
- You will be able to monitor the results and see who donates what.
- You will be making a difference.
Participate in special, focused campaigns
Occasionally we run special, limited time, focused campaigns around specific events, or to solicit donations for special needs. This is similar to the way you helped raise funds for special purposes when you were in school, but easier since we create the web pages and collect the donations. We rely on our supporters to promote these events and solicit the donations via peer-to-peer campaigning. If you would like to be added to the interest list for participating in one of these campaigns, please fill out and submit the form, checking the appropriate box. We will contact you when we are ready to launch one of these campaigns. You will have the opportunity, but not be under any obligation to participate.